CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day One



I suppose that all journeys begin somewhere.  Well, today is my new day one.  I spent today doing a lot of thinking as it seems like I am constantly having trouble reaching the finish line when it comes to my goals.  I seem to struggle to finish anything.  This is definitely a quality that I do not like about myself.  So yesterday I had to put my foot down and really do some serious thinking...mostly about changes that I am needing to make.  Did I really need to make myself a cake for mother's day.....umm...NO.  But I did it anyway, and it was good, but I have bigger goals in mind that I need to start taking more seriously.

Tuesday I made a big jump toward those goals and went to my first Weight Watchers meeting in nearly three years.  It worked for me last time.....and I can do it again.  I don't know what it is about the meetings but actually going works.  As my leader said this week, it's the cheapest therapy in town!  It's the only place that for $10 a week you can come in and complain, cry, celebrate, and receive valuable information to help on the weight loss journey.  Going to a psychologist would be $100+ an hour!  So I will take myself to the weekly meetings and hope that I'm not the only one that doesn't occasionally get a 5lb star. 

I'm already receiving tests as to my resolve.  I swear it was the minute I decided to make changes that I once again got sick.  And despite the fact that I was feeling really crappy, I went to the meeting anyway.  Go ME!  I just happen to be one of those people that is very sensitive to germs.  They love me.  You'd think after all this time i would have caught every cold virus in Mt. Washington, KY but that doesn't seem to be the case.

At one point several months ago, I was doing really well getting on board with Flylady.  I was shining my sink, doing my laundry everyday, and even swish and swiping the bathroom.  I'm not exactly sure where that all went wrong but I fell off the wagon in a big way.  This week is Zone 2: the kitchen.  My goals are simply to get my kitchen clean so that I can start keeping it clean and shining my sink and getting my laundry caught up so that I can get back to just one load a day.  I am making good progress on that goal.  Yesterday I got all the laundry done except 2 loads so I can do those today plus everything that we accumulated yesterday.

In addition to all of this I have a birthday card to make and I've got to start thinking about my sister's birthday which is coming soon! 

I've made a good start to this day by getting up early to get a jump start on my day.  Some caffeine will definitely be required but I will persevere. 

And because I have quite possibly the cutest baby on the planet, here's a picture of him. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment