CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Being productive

I have, in the past, spent considerable amount of time reading information contained on Flylady's website. If you've never been there and find yourself overworked, disorganized, and don't know where to start on the clutter, I highly recommend her. The website is www.flylady.net and it is AWESOME! Especially once you actually start FOLLOWING the advice instead of just reading it. It's built on the premise that you can anything for 15 minutes and to take baby steps to reach your goals. I am trying to apply this to the rest of my life as well. Even though for awhile now I have been doing things like "a load a day keeps CHAOS away" referring to doing a load of laundry a day, I have NOT put all of my routines on paper, nor have I ever finished my control journal....that is until today! I am excited to say that I have officially completed my control journal, printed, in a binder, and with sheet protectors. I am all prepared with dry erase markers to use on the sheet protectors so that I can stop wasting paper by making new lists everyday. I even added in morning and bedtime routines for the kids. I am super excited about this as it was a huge step for me in the right direction...and one that I accomplished before 2010.

Another big accomplishment for me today....I exercised! I have not done anything to work up a sweat in probably 2 1/2 months. I am hoping to keep this in with my regular routines so that I will become closer to my goal by the end of 2010. My short term goal is to lose 15lbs by my birthday in April. If I can do that, I think I can set an even bigger goal.

I have been behind on laundry for a few weeks since doing only one load a day only goes so far. Today I am finally completely 100% caught up on the laundry and can once again begin washing, drying and putting away everything, everyday! It is a very exciting feeling knowing that I don't have to do tons of laundry at a time anymore.

Still on the to do list for today is to clean out my babies clothes. I need to remove the clothes that are too small for him and pack them away. He doesn't have much closet space so it's important to keep up with it. While I'm doing that, I think I'll enjoy a horror movie...my favorite genre. :) Dinner will also need to be done (BBQ Chicken, bacon potatoes, corn, and green beans), as well as giving Oliver a bath tonight. Hopefully the evening goes as smoothly as the rest of the day has.

0 comments:

Post a Comment