CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

When a munchkin needs his mommy...

Last night was a super long night for me.  Oliver had a rough day altogether, having not taken a good nap, getting more teeth, and a bad diaper rash.  Not a good combination.  When it came time for bed, I put him down as usual.  My plan was to get to work on the TONS of painting that needed to be done.  As soon as Oliver entered the crib he began crying.  I was used to this when we were doing the CIO (which works by the way).  But this time was different.  He screamed and screamed and screamed and I became more and more and more stressed.  I had so much to do to prepare for getting our new carpet.  I didn't have time for this.  I let him cry it out for over 15 minutes.  Finally I just sat, listening to the screaming and prayed.  I prayed for God to comfort him and me so that he could sleep peacefully and I could get some work done.  But still the screaming kept going.  I finally realized that I think God was telling me, to calm down.  He was giving me peace, and letting me know that at this particular moment my baby needed me.  So I quit stressing about the painting, let my husband do it, and went to my little munchkin.  He stopped crying....all he wanted was me.  Unfortunately he would not go to sleep but for two hours I played with him, giggled with him, and even though I woke up this morning with even more pressure to finish the painting, I can't be sad that I got in so much quality time with my little munchkin. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment